Income Tax Refund: Income Tax Department has issued income tax refund. According to the Press Information Bureau (PIB), the government released income tax refunds of Rs 2.40 lakh crore between April 1, 2022 and January 10, 2023 on January 11, 2023. Which is 58.74% more than the revenue released during the same period last year. How to check tax refund status?
You may be eligible for an income tax refund if you have paid more tax than your actual tax liability after filing your Income Tax Return (ITR) for that financial year. However, you will not get this income tax refund until the department processes your ITR and confirms it through a notification. If you have not received your income tax refund then you can check the status of your refund by following the easy steps here.
How to check income tax refund status? (how to check Income tax refund status) Following are the conditions to check prelogin status. At least one ITR should be filed on the e-filing portal with a valid acknowledgment number. It is necessary to have a valid mobile number for OTP.
- Step 1: Go to the e-filing portal homepage.
- Step 2: Click on Income Tax Return (ITR) Status.
- Step 3: Go to the Income Tax Return (ITR) status page, enter your acknowledgment number and a valid mobile number and click Continue.
- Step 4: Enter the 6 digit OTP received on your mobile number entered in Step 3 and click on Submit.
- OTP will be valid only for 15 minutes.
- You will get 3 attempts to enter the correct OTP.
- The OTP expiry countdown timer on the screen tells you when the OTP will expire.
- On clicking Resend OTP, a new OTP will be generated and sent.
- On successful verification, you will be able to see the ITR status.
After logging into the new Income Tax website, information about income tax refund will be available at the top. You can also know by visiting the e-filing portal. You have to click on the Quick Links section on the portal. After this you have to click on Know Your Refund Status below. After this you will have to enter your PAN number, assessment year and mobile number. After this you will get an OTP. After entering the OTP your refund status will be visible.