You can easily buy Sovereign Gold Bond online through net banking. On buying online, you are given a discount of Rs 50 per gram by the government.
How to Buy Sovereign Gold Bond Online: Subscription for the third series of Sovereign Gold Bond is open. Any common investor can invest in it till 22 December. The rate of gold bond has been fixed at Rs 6,199 per gram by the Reserve Bank. The government is giving a discount of Rs 50 per gram for online investment in Sovereign Gold Bond. Another advantage of buying SGB is that along with the increase in the value of gold over time, you also get 2.5 percent interest on the investment.
Where can you buy Sovereign Gold Bond
You can easily buy Sovereign Gold Bond by going to commercial bank, net banking, mobile bank of the bank, demat account or post office and filling the physical form. Here you have to make payment through check and DD. Apart from this you can also buy from Stock Holding Corporation of India Limited (SHCIL) or NSE and BSE.
How to buy sovereign gold bonds online
- To buy Sovereign Gold Bond online, you must have net banking of SBI, PNB, Canara, ICICI or any bank regulated by RBI.
- You have to log in to net banking and click on ‘e-service’. Here you select Sovereign Gold Bond.
- After this fill the registration form.
- Now you have to select the depository. Where is your demat account.
- After this click on the submit button. Now a new page will open.
- Enter the number you want to buy here. Enter nominee details.
- After this enter the OTP received on the mobile. The process is complete.