Aadhaar Card Address Update: What to do if online application for address update in Aadhaar card is rejected? Let’s find out.
Aadhaar card services as an identity proof for residents of India. People can apply for Aadhaar card by giving their basic details like name, address, mobile number, and biometrics. While the biometrics has to be done offline at the registered centres, registering one’s mobile number with Aadhaar allows many details along with the address to be transferred online. What to do if online application for address update is rejected? Let’s find out.
First find out what are the reasons for not accepting address update. According to the official website, proper documents should be attached with Aadhaar card update requests. If a valid document in the applicant’s name is not submitted, the application will be rejected. Before submitting a new update request, make sure a few things.
- Document must be correct.
- The document should be in the name of the resident for whom the update request is submitted
- Address details must match the address mentioned in the document.
- The uploaded image should be a clear color scan copy of the original document.
- Ensure biometrics details are not more than 10 years old.
Acceptable documents for Aadhaar address change:
28 documents are accepted for Aadhaar card address change including Proof of Address (POA)
- Bank statement (passbook, post office account statement)
- Ration Card
- Voter ID card
- Driver’s license
- Pension Card
- Disability Card
- CGHS/ECHS/ESIC/Medi-Claim Card with photograph issued by State/Central Government/PSU
Electricity bills including prepaid receipts (within three months).
- Water Bill (not more than three months)
- Telephone Landline Bill/ Telephone (Postpaid Mobile) Bill/ Broadband Bill (within three months)
- Insurance policy
- Property Tax Receipt (within one year)
Note: These documents must contain the name of the person applying for change of address.
What to do if your Aadhaar address update application is rejected?
Ensure biometrics are updated within 10 years of Aadhaar card generation. Try to apply with a personal document like passport, ration card or bank statement (passbook, post office account statement).
An easy way to update one’s address in Passbook is by visiting their bank with all the necessary documents and applying with the new address in Passbook. One can also use his passport if he has an updated address. Online change of address can be done using the approved form as documentary proof.