Post Office Scheme Small Saving Schemes: Post Office has started online investment facility in MIS, SCSS and MSSC. You can easily invest online by following the steps given in this article
The Post Office has recently started the facility to open Monthly Income Scheme (MIS), Senior Citizen Saving Scheme (SCSS) and Mahila Samman Saving Certificate (MSSC) accounts online. The objective behind this is to provide convenience to more customers.
A notification has also been issued by the Post Office, in which it has been said that the facility to open MIS, SCSS and MSSC accounts online will be available in the ‘General Services’ tab of the Internet Banking section of the Post Office Savings Account website.
How to open MIS, SCSS and MSSC account online
- For this, first of all you have to click on ‘General Services Tab’.
- Now click on ‘Service Request’.
- Here select ‘New Request’ and click on OK to proceed.
- Then you will see three options to open MIS, SCSS and MSSC account. Select any one of these.
- Here you have to enter the deposit amount.
- After this you have to select the debit account of the post office.
- Now the transaction remark has to be filled.
- After this, click on agree to the terms and conditions and proceed further.
- Now click on ‘Submit Online’.
- After this enter the transaction password and click on submit.
- Here you can also download the deposit receipt.
- Keep these things in mind
- To avail this new facility, you must have internet banking facility of the post office.
- Only people above 60 years of age can invest in SCSS online. Eligible people below this will have to go to the post office branch.
- In these schemes, online account can be opened only in the name of the internet banking user and his nominee.
- You will be able to close these schemes online soon
- According to the information, the facility to close MIS, SCSS and MSSC online will also be started by the post office soon.