Aadhaar: Has it happened to you too that you neither received any OTP, nor any call nor any message and the money went missing from your account. If it has not happened and you want that it does not happen in future also, then definitely do this work with your Aadhaar today itself.
Scammers find new ways every day to defraud people. Sometimes transferring money through UPI fraudulently, and sometimes stealing people’s OTP. It is believed that Aadhaar card has made many of your tasks easier. Making payment through Aadhaar Pay has also become easy, but now scammers have found a way to rob you through this too. Now money is disappearing from people’s accounts without OTP. There is also a way to avoid this.
If you also want that money does not disappear from your account without OTP, then you will have to lock your Aadhaar biometrics. there are many ways. If you do not do this, the entire amount may be withdrawn from your account without OTP or authentication.
Ways to lock Aadhar biometric
Aadhaar gives you the facility to lock your biometrics. By using this feature you can avoid fraud. This can be done from the website of Aadhaar card issuing UIDAI or mAadhaar app. Its step by step details are given here.
How to lock biometric from website
- First of all you go to Aadhaar website https://resident.uidai.gov.in/bio-lock.
- After this click on ‘My Aadhaar’ tab. In this you will see the link of ‘Aadhaar Services’.
- After clicking on ‘Aadhaar Services’ you will see the feature to ‘Lock or Unlock Aadhaar’.
- After clicking on this you will have to provide your Aadhaar number or VID.
- After this you will have to enter the captcha and click on Send OTP.
- OTP will come on your registered number. After filling it, you have to click on Enable. Only your biometrics will be locked.
Lock biometric from mAadhaar app
- First of all download mAadhaar app from Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Register on this app with your Aadhar card number.
- After this an OTP will come, enter it and set your digital PIN.
- After this you will see your Aadhaar profile.
- You will see three dots on the top corner of the app, tap there and scroll down.
- In this the option of lock biometric will be visible. Just enable it by entering your digital PIN.